Name Serves Changed on the Way Out

dash-dns

Hello all,

I transferred my domain to Cloudflare yesterday and it since like the old registrar, Google, switched the name servers on the way out the door. Now my email isn’t working.

I filled a support ticket with Cloudflare to see if they can help. Is there any other way for me to change the name servers on Cloudflare’s end? I’m assuming its not possible but any help would be greatly appreciated. Really need to get my email back up and running!

Nope! Sorry… You will have to wait for support.

Hi @gianqui89, what is your ticket number?

1 Like

Hi @cloonan ! It is 1652901.

Got it, thank you. I bumped that forward and will keep an eye out on progress.

Edit - the team just gave me an update that they changed the servers back.

You rock @cloonan. Thanks a million!

1 Like

This is a known error unique to Cloudflare. The old registrar is able to change the name servers for around a week after you transfer to Cloudflare. This means you lose control of your domain because there is no ability to edit your name servers (again, a limitation unique to Cloudflare), and Cloudflare only works if you are using Cloudflare-operated name servers.

This is an error that Cloudflare could fix centrally, for all their customers, within a few minutes but, instead, each customer has to notice that it has happened and submit a support ticket, meaning the domain remains out of their control for at least a day or two, and well over a week in the case of one guy who found it almost impossible to get them to understand the nature of the problem.

Discussed more fully in this thread: Domain Transferred to CF De-Activated

@cloonan

Hate to bring this post back up but just had the same issue with another domain I transferred over. I reached out to support early this week but haven’t heard back. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Support # 1672026

1 Like

Will investigate and make sure the ticket is in right queue.

Edit - I see the ticket and moved it to the next step, will post back when I see an update.

1 Like

Hi @gianqui89, I see the team has made the update, please let us know if you see any issues. And, thank you.

Hello @cloonan, yes it was fixed! Thank you so much, truly appreciate it!

2 Likes