Name Servers Not Changing

Even after a long time, the ns are not changing.

Make sure you are making the change at your registrar and not in your current DNS provider’s interface.

1 Like

Cloudflare is my registrar

Hi @jock1 good post here about that, How to change your Cloudflare owned domains name server - #3 by domjh.

What is the domain? Can you share the steps you took?

1 Like

jockbrocas.com

I am afraid you have got an insecure setup at your origin host/server for your domain/website.

I do see an issue when I try to access your website with the SSL so far as I got SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN error returned.

I see you are using StackPath’s CDN service determined by the HTTP header(s) like x-provided-by: StackCDN.

The domain in the certificate is www.stackssl.com rather than your domain jockbrocas.com or www.jockbrocas.com.
→ also, the DNS record (hostname) seems to be either temporary switched to :grey: (DNS-only) or you have enabled the “Pause Cloudflare for this site” option from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare dashboard?

In terms of a nameservers for your domain, I can see you are using Cloudflare nameservers so far:

;QUESTION
jockbrocas.com. IN NS
;ANSWER
jockbrocas.com. 21600 IN NS anirban.ns.cloudflare.com.
jockbrocas.com. 21600 IN NS ligia.ns.cloudflare.com.

Nevertheless, usually the proper DNS propagation process time takes up to 24 hours to complete. Sometimes, it’s a bit longer or 48 or even 72 hours.

And it might be you cannot access your website in the meantime because of the DNS cache at our local ISP provider (we might have to either flush the DNS or restart router, or just wait, or in the meantime try to access via our mobile phone which uses mobile data, or at least if possible via a VPN connection to re-check).

WHOIS registrar status is good and no DNSSEC enabled so far.

should i turn that on to proxy

this is what i sent to my hosts

For starters you should fix the server SSL certificate.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing a video for feedback information.

May I just add a note, I do not recommend using wildcard (apex) * for the DNS records (hostnames).

As @sandro already mentioned the issue with the SSL at your side, and from my cite above about the SSL certificate which does not contain your domain name in it, kindly may I ask a few more questions and suggest steps as follows from below:

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

Here is a way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:

In case you do not have an SSL certificate, you can use Cloudflare SSL, if so, kindly make sure you follow the instructions as follows on the below article to setup an SSL certificate using Cloudflare Origin CA Certificate:

Last but not least, kindly have a look here for more information regarding correct SSL settings at the SSL/TLS tab on Cloudflare dashboard:

After you determine your Website is successfully working over the HTTPS, and all above is done (Full Strict SSL), I’d suggest you to switch your DNS records to proxied and set them to :orange:.

1 Like

Thank you guys for all the help

1 Like

Cloudflare’s ToS don’t allow you to set your nameservers elsewhere for the root domain when it is the registrar. Not sure why you’re trying to or need to set it to a CDN other than Cloudflare, but if that’s really necessary you’ll likely want to move your domain registration elsewhere.

1 Like

NET:ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVAILD

Its not a cdn, it is a host called host maria.

Ok so now i have added a records, and the only issue is now the SSL on the host side is not working.

I created the origin code and activated it. How long should it take as my site still shows unsecure.

Maybe instantly i guess .

i must have done something wrong as i do not see it

Think so .

Ok, so can someone on here help me to fix whatever i have done wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.