I recently activated Cloudfare on my wordpress site for the free HTTPS activation. Ever since that, my site has been down. It fails to load every time. One time the dashboard did load, but when I tried updating a post, it said that updating failed. Soon after that, the site has been down.
Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?
Was WordPress configured to work over HTTPS?
You could determine this by:
- Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
- The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
- Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS without any error
- Check with your hosting provider / cPanel AutoSSL / Let’s Encrypt / Certbot / ACME and renew it in case if needed
- Only then, when your website responds over HTTPS, you should un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).
Otherwise, I’d suggest as follows:
May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?
Here is a way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:
In case you do not have an SSL certificate, you can use Cloudflare SSL, if so, kindly make sure you follow the instructions as follows on the below article to setup an SSL certificate using Cloudflare Origin CA Certificate:
Last but not least, kindly have a look here for more information regarding SSL settings at the SSL/TLS tab on Cloudflare dashboard:
Might answer my first question that you hadn’t had an HTTPS before moving to Cloudflare and regarding the second question, you’d be using Flexible then?
Sounds like a Mixed content issue to me.
May I ask what error do you experience so far?
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.