My Website shows users IP using Cloudflare IPs even though they are not

My website tracks users IPs when they register or login and every single one is coming back to a Cloudflare WARP server and this seems to also be hurting my users download speeds on my website I dont know how to disable this without just removing Cloudflare. Can anyone help me?

TL:DR
if I turn DNS PROXY off it allows users IPs to be shown but it exposes my servers IP and if I put proxy on it shows users IPs as Cloudflare IPs

Are you using Cloudflare itself for your website, with the proxy enabled?

1 Like

Yes but when I disable it, It shows my servers IP which I do not want to happen.

Yeah, because your records are being exposed in “DNS ONLY” mode! (If you see what’s in the screenshot below)

If you do see that, change the record to “Proxied” (orange cloud)!

But if I enabled the cloud will that enable the WARP connection to my site? I’m trying to make it so people are not connecting to my site using WARP.

WARP is something your end-users use, it’s really more of a VPN for them. Regardless if your website is using Cloudflare, if a user is using WARP, you will (most likely) see the WARP endpoint IP in your logs.

You’re going to have to take that up with your end-users.

It shouldn’t do this. WARP+ will pass along your home IP address, just like any other visit to a Cloudflare site.

1 Like

Hello if I turn DNS PROXY off it allows users IPs to be shown but it exposes my servers IP and if I put proxy on it shows users IPs as Cloudflare IPs

It sounds like you may have turned on proxying :orange:, expecting connections to keep coming directly from visitors. But this is not how proxying works - after turning on the proxy, requests will come from Cloudflare IP addresses. Please take a look at this article about restoring visitor IPs :slightly_smiling_face:
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170786-Restoring-original-visitor-IPs

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.