My website just stoped working and having a DNS issue

when I check the domain’s nameserver information it looks like I’m not seeing any nameserver records being displayed on dnschecker

I contacted WP engine for this issue then they suggested us to contact you since it is DNS issue.

True, NXDOMAIN error and glen & uma are set for domain nameservers :thinking:
dig ns +trace atefl.com is interesting too :thinking:
Wonder if the “clientHold” for the domain status is the issue or rather that’s because the domain name was recently registered :thinking:

Might be some kind of an integration setup for your domain name since before :thinking:

If that is the case, then kindly I’d suggest you to use the below article and the tool mentioned inside it to resolve your naked domain non-www and www hostname with it. Below article describes more in detail about this issue, if that’s your case too as it sounds to me:

Use the tool called “Liberate the Hostname” from the article below and repeat the process using below tool for both www.domain.tld and naked domain.tl just in case:

Furthermore, the A mail should be unproxied :grey: (DNS-only):

1 Like

Domains with the status of clientHold means that the domain won’t be published in DNS.

clientHold is often used when there are problems, such as e.g. legal disputes, or lack of payment.

clientHold is also sometimes set by some domain registrars, when the client fails to validate their domain contacts (e.g. the registrant email).

With the domain registered on 2023-02-23, and apparently “updated” on 2023-03-09, … it sounds to be quite close to the ~ 14 -15 days mark, that several registrars lean on to, before suspending domain names, where the domain contacts hasn’t been properly validated.

3 Likes

You were correct. It was the issue with the domain registrar’s email verification.

Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.