MY website is loading for at least 15 seconds. I am losing SEO as we speak

On May 30, 2023 at approximately 5 PM 10 AM ET my website suddenly experiences a 15 second delay in loading.
I tested the speed of my website online (screenshots below) and asked my friends from another country to test it and they experience the same thing.

[type or paste code here](https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/)

Cloudflare does not cache HTML by default as it would break dynamic websites. This means Cloudflare must fetch the page from your origin server on every visit. If you origin server is slow, the loading time will be affected, even if all the static assets (JS, CSS, images) are cached by Cloudflare.

Sounds like your origin server is slow or being overloaded. If your website is static, you can create a Cache Rule to cache HTML pages. Otherwise you need to make sure your server responds faster. You should also take a look at the server logs to check if this is the result of a DDoS attack.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response, Albert!

What rule configurations do I need to choose in to cache HTML pages?

I also want to mention that when I try to debut a link in facebook debugger it results in a " * Curl Timeout The request to scrape the URL timed out."

The issue here @user3372 as @albert pointed out is the server response.

For my test locally it took 16 seconds for the server to respond to the initial request. Finding a faster responding server is going to help a lot more than caching static HTML pages.

Thank you,

I’d like to try caching static HTML first and test my sitespeed after I move my site to another server but I am not quite sure how to cache static HTML.

Checkout out

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.