My ssl certs on miatvc.ca aren't working under cloudflare

I have adjusted my services under https to allow access through ports 8443 and 2096

Can’t connect.

Also Cloudflare doesn’t allow ssl labs test.

That isn’t Cloudflare blocking their tests but rather because your website has no valid SSL certificates to accept connections on 443 in the first place.

Take a screenshot of your Edge Certificates page - https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls/edge-certificates

I generated them yesterday and they worked.

It was done through webmin certbot module.

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Certificate Name: miatvc.ca
Serial Number: 407363d7a12eec67604ada559b99888e77c
Key Type: ECDSA
Domains: miatvc.ca
Expiry Date: 2022-07-30 22:03:47+00:00 (VALID: 89 days)
Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/miatvc.ca/fullchain.pem
Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/miatvc.ca/privkey.pem

That has nothing to do with Cloudflare’s edge certificates though - unless your records are ‘DNS Only’ (so users can see and go to your origin directly), Cloudflare needs to generate a certificate for your website to present over HTTPS.

Any certificate on your origin for a proxied record is just so Cloudflare and your origin talk over HTTPS, it isn’t shown to the user.

The certificate is for a different domain (i.e. eagleoneonline.ca).

This is all working now.

I have multiple SSL certs generated by certbot for hosting on ONE ip address.

The syntax for the apache virtual hosts HAD TO be:

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName server1.ca
ServerAlias www.server1.ca

and

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName server2.ca
ServerAlias www.server2.ca

I check my certs with SSL Labs and they all work.

HOWEVER when I create a Cloudflare record for one of my hosts, SSL labs can’t contact the Cloudflare dns servers.

What exactly do I need to set up to protect email, block attacking countries and deliver my SSL certs properly?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.