My Site's images will not reload when updated

So I was wondering how can I make my images reload with the new uploaded pictures with out clearing browser cache.

I wonder if it’s caused due to the HTTP(S) like mixed content which might show errors in the console of the Developer Tools (F12) of your Web browser, or rather the cache at Cloudflare being set via the “Caching → Configuration” then the “Browser Cache TTL” option from Cloudflare dashboard? :thinking:

Otherwise, maybe you’re using Cloudflare APO for WordPress?

Maybe using some Page Rules with an option Cache Level: Cache Everything?

Can you share the URL to the example with the error, or rather what’s expected vs what do you get?

May I ask have you tried using a different Web browser, or tried clearing your Web browser cache?
How about using a Private window (Incognito mode) or a VPN connection if possible?
Is it the same behaviour on your mobile phone (4G LTE, mobile data, cellular)?

1 Like

Before I clear cache

After I clear cache

These stats are animated with JS but are embedded in the DOM/HTML. The HTML itself is not cached for you, it is DYNAMIC. So, it is very unlikely that Cloudflare did cache this, or that Cloudflare is the cause for your values not updating.

Maybe it is your LiteSpeed cache?

1 Like

May I also ask, did you used the same image name like slider.jpg, therefore replaced it with the new one / overwritten by the “new” slider.jpg?
If so, it could be the old one was cached at web browser, otherwise it’s cached by default at Cloudflare and would be kept like that until it’s expired at the Cloudflare Edge respecting the cache control HTTP headers.

cache-control: public, max-age=604800
cf-cache-status: HIT
expires: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 12:58:15 GMT

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.