My site is not running faster with cloudflare

I am a bit puzzled. I have tested my website speed with and without cloudflare switch on, and there is no difference in speed. Am i missing something here. Is anyone else experiencing the same problems. I am paying for cloudflare so it makes my site faster but i am seeing no changes

Hi there,

It’s possible that your website isn’t correctly configured to take full benefit of Cloudflare’s capabilities. To improve the performance of your website, you can take the following steps:

• Ensure that Cloudflare’s caching is configured correctly. Check your Cloudflare dashboard’s Caching tab to determine if your static content (images, CSS, and JavaScript files) is cached.
  • Optimise your website’s content by compressing images, minifying CSS and JavaScript files, and utilising browser caching.
  • Check your Cloudflare Speed settings to ensure that tools such as Auto Minify and Rocket Loader are active.
  • Use Cloudflare’s Page Rules to customise caching and performance settings for particular URLs on your website.

is there any step by step instructions for me to go by. since joining cloudflare i have noticed a huge problem with my site www.in2town.co.uk and that is my google impressions have dropped and my keywords have dropped. i have today done a test on my site and put in in2town.co.uk and it came up with error and told me to try www.in2town.co.uk i did that and the speed test is 50 which is terrible.