My site host (not registrar) says my name servers are wrong

When I try to add my domain to my Influencersoft.com account I get this error message:

Cloudfare is my registrar. My name servers cannot be changed from beth and seth. Arrgh. Should I be talking to Cloudfare or influencersoft.com? Anyone know how to fix this?

Lastly when I go to my url proaction.online I get 404.

1 Like

Hi @jimv, I am not familiar with influencersoft. The error seems/feels similar to one that we see with eu registrars where we expect to see a certain set of name servers. If you’ve attempted to re-add the domain to a different cloudflare account, you should login to that account and remove the domain from that account. If not, I suspect it’s a good idea to get in queue with the Customer Support team to see if they can assist in resolving the issue. Sorry for the troubles.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help. When you have a ticket number if you can share it here I’ll keep an eye on progress.

I see that Influencersoft uses Cloudflare. It could be a case where you need to use their designated name servers in order to use their service.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw they’re on cf, but the name servers they’re asking @jimv to use are not the same as on their site. Perhaps the site was previous added to influencersoft using the suggested name servers? I also noticed influencersoft maintains their servers in Germany.

@jimv, in addition to cloudflare, perhaps you should contact influencersoft support for ideas as well. There’s no discussion of them on this site other than this thread.

Ha, yes you should contact them, @jimv. From https://influencersoft.com/dollar-trial,

We have Cloudflare integrated with our system, so you just need to update your Dedicated Name Servers (DNS) wherever you purchased your domain name. We provide you with 2 Cloudflare name servers. You just copy and paste them into the system and you’re good to go.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.