My incoming email is not working. Help!

Hello, I’m really new at this, also my mother language is spanish, so although I can speak english my reading hability is not that high to the FAQs.

This is my issue, yesterday I register my site on cloudflare, because it was seen as a not secure site and I wanted to have the “https://” so look secure to everyone. The problem: my email that I bought with godaddy stop working, but only receiving messages. I can send messages to different emails and they arrive, but when I try to send a message back to my [email protected] they never arrive and this is what shows on my gmail:

550 Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. mail-qt0-f173.google.com [209.85.216.173]:36693 is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication

Also I should say that I configure it on my mail’s mac app because godaddy didn’t gave me a link to see my mail online, so I can’t check on a webmail the problem.

I really have no idea of what to do, I have no experience with this stuff. Please if somebody could help me I would really appreciate it!!

@saraarangolop, it looks like the mail client you’re using is authenticating or connecting in plaintext, but the mail server requires a secure connection. How you set that up depends upon your email provider and mail client as there’s a number of different configurations and GoDaddy have several different mail products. Also, there’s a Spanish forum here if you’d prefer to communicate in Spanish. :slight_smile:

Thank you, at the end of the day I had to call my hosting provider and ask for help. I still have some problems with the IP, but at least my email is working now :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.