My domain is marked Active on Cloudflare but otherwise doesn't seem to exist

I registered a new domain with Cloudflare in January for a business I’m starting, configured DNS rules, etc. Now that I’m ready to start I can see that the site ia “Active” in Cloudflare but when entering it into external sites (e.g. payment processors), I get “could not authenticate domain” errors. And, running an internal Cloudflare speed test it says “It might have failed because your test URL scottappliedsciences.com/ was redirected to a different domain.”
I’m totally new to this and can’t understand the issue.
Thank you very much in advance for any helpful suggestions.
Cheers.

At the moment scottappliedsciences.com doesn’t have a DNS record…
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?d088e9dd883a47868c66c099a747eec7#dns

Add records to your Cloudflare DNS here pointing to the A/AAAA/CNAMEs given by your web host…
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns/records

Thank you so much for your quick and helpful reply. I’ll go follow those steps and hopefully it will be up and running. Thanks agin!

1 Like

Sorry about the noobishness of this but I have spent the last day trying to figure out what to put in my A/AAAA record fields. I registered the domain with Cloudflare and the online documentation seems to cater to those who have imported from elsewhere. (E.g. one online tutorial suggests that none of this is necessary if Cloudflare is the registrar.) I’ve read through the DNS foundation etc. and am utterly confused about what to put in the Name, IPv4/6 address fields. Any further pointers would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

This information comes from wherever you host your website. If you don’t have a website host yet, then you don’t need to add anything until you do. Cloudflare will not be the host of your website unless you use Cloudflare Pages…

Major Aha! Thank you. The deepest mistakes are always the hardest to see. Got it now. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.