My domain goes to ionos not my nextcloud

I have set up my domain with Cloudflare with the name servers. My domain in Cloudflare says it is active but when i input my domain in the web browser it sends me to ionos not my nextcloud. I have set up nextcloud to use the Cloudflare certificate. Thank you for any help

Can you verify with ionos the value of your DNS A record, that record is located here, https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns

what information do you need basically. the A name matches what is on ionos web site

1 Like

Can you share the name of the site? Is there an error displayed?

If you pause cloudflare on the site, does the same incorrect page load?

You can pause Cloudflare from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare Dashboard, bottom right under Advanced Actions.

If the issue persists after Cloudflare has been paused, it means that there is an issue with your origin, Cloudflare is only operating as your DNS provider while it is paused.

The value of the A record is the IP of the ionos site or the value of your site hosted by ionos?

is the name of the site my domain name. There is no error. I paused the Cloudflare and got this message Secure Connection Failed.

Did you pause cloudflare?

mycloudserver.cloud if that is right. Yes i did pause cloudflare and i got secure connection failed it did not go to ionos web site.

Thank you. I see cf is not paused at the moment and the page that’s loading is a parking page from ionos. That indicates that the IP for the A record is incorrect or more likely the site is not located where you think it is. I’ve seen that before with wordpress sites where the site is in a subdirectory as opposed to the root directory.

Can you share a screenshot of the secure connection error?

Thats what i was saying, that it goes to my ionos page were i purchased the domain name. Not my nextcloud. I get this error in mozilla

1 Like

I get this in edge

After pausing cloudflare these are the screenshots. Thank you

1 Like

Cloudflare is paused right now.

1 Like

Thank you. I am getting a 526 error in chrome. There is an issue with the certificate on your origin server.

Can you generate an origin certificate, Origin CA certificates · Cloudflare SSL/TLS docs, enable cloudflare on the site and set TLS/SSL to Full (strict)?

1 Like

When i check my domain in chrome i am taken to ionos even though my Cloudflare is still paused. I don’t understand why you’re getting a different error. how do i fix the IP for the A record that is incorrect.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.