My DNS settings not working for some users

Hi, I have a minecraft server… I have bought a domain from freenom and I just redirected my numerical IP to the domain… but here is the problem… some of my users can enter with the domain and some can’t.

Anyone can help me?
Here is the settings that I have done.

How long ago did you change the DNS Records?

It seems like the Records resolve correctly but maybe some of your Users still have the Old Records?
You could also ask the Users that have Problems to activate the Log Console in their Minecraft Client. The Logs should show what exactly the Client tries to connect too

Basically, I have been using the same settings from 3yrs… and then yesterday suddenly they lost the connection and I entered to the Cloudflare and were everything changed to a 104 and 172 IP, and I do not know why… then I changed… its been more than 12h and still some users can’t connect from the domain, including me…

For example to mee. it says this…

[11:51:07] [main/INFO]: Connecting to _dc-srv.d06b56adeb98._minecraft._tcp.mc-wal.net., 25565
[11:51:28] [Server Connector #4/ERROR]: Couldn’t connect to server
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information: _dc-srv.d06b56adeb98._minecraft._tcp.mc-wal.net./103.170.246.176:25565
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doFinishConnect(NioSocketChannel.java:325) ~[netty-all-4.1.25.Final.jar:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:340) ~[netty-all-4.1.25.Final.jar:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:635) ~[netty-all-4.1.25.Final.jar:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:582) ~[netty-all-4.1.25.Final.jar:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:499) ~[netty-all-4.1.25.Final.jar:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:461) ~[netty-all-4.1.25.Final.jar:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:884) ~[netty-all-4.1.25.Final.jar:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information
… 10 more

The Logs say that the Domain gets resolved to 103.170.246.176 which is a IP-Address in Vietnam…

Thats really strange, do you have a Custom DNS Server set or are you using the Server from your ISP?
If 2. what is your ISP?

Mmm… thats weird… why some of my users can and some can’t then?
For example, me, I can’t connect and it says that…

Am using Kimsufi services… OVH.
And the domain was bought from freenom.

Do you have any Custom DNS Server set in your Windows Settings or at your Router or are you using the DNS Servers of your Internet Service Provider?

And what ISP are you using?

Your Records are good…

So if i dont oversee anything it should be not a Problem with your DNS Settings. More of a Client Resolver Problem

No, am not.
I’m using virgin media from UK.

It seems like the DNS Servers from your ISP also Respond correctly, but to test it. Could you add Custom DNS in Windows and change it to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google) or 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 (Cloudflare) and reboot your PC and try again to connect?

Still same, I have tried everything…
But it’s weird… I have tried with a VPN and it loads the server… but when I deactivate the VPN is not loading again…

Thats in case Strange… Could you Show a Screenshot from your DNS Settings in Windows and a Screenshot from a Command line Window with command “tracert mc-wal.net” execute?

Are the other People that cant access the Server on the Same ISP Network?

Nop, it’s a minecraft public server, you can join with the IP mc-wal.net

The Tracert Shows a Cloudflare IP Address which is Strange because you dont have a proxied record and it works for me…

Could you Please Provide the other Screenshot i asked for? From your Windows DNS Settings

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.