My DNS has not updated after 5 days

Hi, my DNS records (A & SRV) were updated around 5 days ago, however, are not showing when doing a DNS check, and are not working. Not sure what I’ve done wrong - is the same for all 3 domains.

I use namescheap, DNSSEC is not enabled on any domain.

Are those updated records proxied :orange: or not :grey:? Can you share the name of the domain?

Hi, not proxied, oblivionprison .net/.org/.com

I currently see the same A record for all 3 domains:
oblivionprison.com. 300 IN A 144.76.121.190

What result are you expecting?

And what SRV record have you created that isn’t working?

1 Like

You should proxy :orange: the A record

I’ve been told not to proxy it by my hosting provider.

The A or the SRV? Do not proxy the SRV, do proxy the A or you’ll continue to expose your origin IP.

Are you getting a 522 on www.oblivionprison.com and the hosting page on oblivionprison.com?

My provider says do not proxy help.pebblehost. com/en/minecraft/how-to-connect-a-cloudflare-managed-domain-to-your-minecraft-server

Ok, you will have to explain a bit more about what you’re actually trying to accomplish.

What address are people supposed to enter when connecting to your Minecraft server?

Your currently have these SRV record for oblivionprison.net:

dig +short _minecraft._tcp.oblivionprison.net srv
5 0 25588 mc.oblivionprison.net.
5 0 25588 oblivionprison.net.
5 0 25588 play.oblivionprison.net.

All 3 of these names have the same A records, so it should be working right now when people try to connect to oblivionprison.net. And I just tried, it does work, but your server is in maintenance mode:

However, you shouldn’t have 3 SRV records. One of them is enough, so you can just delete 2 of them.

What problems do you have? Everything seems to be working. Or do you want people to use a subdomain to connect to your server, not the apex?

1 Like

That’s very odd, all 3 domains should have a working play. mc. and (just domain) connection -

https://prnt .sc/upvQK3rgHJzr
this is what mine look like.

People are meant to be using any option out of:
play.oblivionmc .com
mc.oblivionmc .com
oblivionmc .com

(and then replace .com for .net or .org on all 3)

So, basically for me the only 4 which aren’t working are my .net and .org SRV’s, not sure why

Ok, you should do the following then to keep things a bit more simple:

Create exactly one A record with your server IP (unproxied), for example minecraft.oblivionprison.com. The name doesn’t matter and is not something people would use.

Then, create an SRV record for every name that you want to use with minecraft.oblivionprison.com as the target. The same target for all nine records. This way, if your server’s IP ever changes, you only need to change it in one place. It’s also much less confusing.

Now I’m confused. I assume your domain is oblivionprison and not oblivionmc and you just misspelled it here?

As you can see in the following dig results, you used the wrong name for your .org records (the same for .net). You seem to have used the name @ for all 3 records.

For the .com records, you used the correct names.

I recommend you first create one A record as explained above, and then edit all SRV records, making sure that a) they all have the same minecraft.oblivionprison.com on the right side and b) that you have the correct name for all records.

dig +short _minecraft._tcp.oblivionprison.org srv
5 0 25588 mc.oblivionprison.org.
5 0 25588 play.oblivionprison.org.
5 0 25588 oblivionprison.org.

dig +short _minecraft._tcp.play.oblivionprison.org srv

dig +short _minecraft._tcp.mc.oblivionprison.org srv

dig +short _minecraft._tcp.oblivionprison.com srv
5 0 25588 oblivionprison.com.

dig +short _minecraft._tcp.play.oblivionprison.com srv
5 0 25588 play.oblivionprison.com.

dig +short _minecraft._tcp.mc.oblivionprison.com srv
5 0 25588 mc.oblivionprison.com.
2 Likes

You can see the “Name” are that I’ve marked red in my screenshot. For your .com SRV records, you have used 3 different names (@, play, mc). Your .net and .org records however all use the same name (@). That is why the subdomains for .org and .com are not working.

1 Like

Ahh, thank you so much! I usually use namecheap DNS so didn’t notice this setting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.