My DMARC record is invalid

My dmarc record shows invalid on another tool I’m using. Also my emails are going to spam and I think a big problem is because my dmarc records are not correct. Can you tell me what I should change? I’ve included a copy of my dmarc records. What should I keep or change or delete? I’m not savvy to all this so please explain like you’re talking to someone who knows nothing. Thank you. Etta Cushman
TXT_dmarc.email v=DMARC1;p=none; DNS only
TXT_dmarc v=DMARC1; p=none; DNS only
TXT_dmarc v=DMARC1; p=quarantine;DNS only
TXT_dmarc v=DMARC1; p=reject;DNS only

The three latter records you’re mentioning there, is all on the same label (_dmarc), which would make them conflict with each other.

I would personally delete the first three, and only keep this one:

The usual “Note” does however apply here:

To be able to do that, and to give you the best advice at the same time, we would literally need to have every detail about your current email setup, which is unfortunately missing from your post.

The advice is therefore given based on the expectations that you have (properly) on-boarded your domain name with your existing email providers already (in reference to the “Note” in the quote above).

1 Like

Thank you for your help. It was very insightful for me and a quick answer. I understand dmarc better now.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.