MX Records - I can't Receive Email

Hello,

I am using GoDaddy for my website & I pointed the nameserers to CloudFlare, which works fine. But, I have Godaddy webmail email, and although I can send email perfectly, I cannot receive emails. I was told I need to update my MX records with Cloudflare, but I don’t understand the instructions for how to do so…Do I add an MX record? Do I reconfigure the Mail record? I’m a complete loss. Can someone please assist?

Hi @rachellewms,

Are you able to share the domain name and a screenshot of your DNS records in Cloudflare (with IP addresses blanked out)? Also if you can, - maybe a screenshot of what GoDaddy have asked you to add.

Hopefully then we can provide some suggestions to help :slight_smile:

Hi, thank you so much for your swift response!

GoDaddy advised me that my nameservers are pointed to CloudFlare and to update my MX records in CloudFlare.

I Googled how to update the MX records in CloudFlare, but I guess I just don’t understand the process. There’s already a setting in the CF DNS that shows “mail,” but nothing for MX records. I tried adding an MX record, and using my domain name as the server name, but that didn’t work, and I"m just at a loss now…

No problem!

I can’t guarantee this will work, but I would suggest editing the MX record at the bottom of the screenshot so is is 'mail handled by mail.rachellewilliams.me’ and on the the 3rd A record down, with the name ‘mail’, click the :orange: to turn it :grey:.

Like so:

Yes, but I just realised that it should have worked before because your main domain is :grey: and bypassing Cloudflare.

As long as the IP address in your A record is the correct one from your host, that looks ok here…

They are all the same IP address across the board. I’m hoping maybe it just takes a minute to resolve itself, I’ll try sending myself an other email from Gmail to see if it arrives into the GoDaddy webmail. If not, I’m not going to deal with it any longer, I’ll just go ahead an pay for GSuite and let Google handle my email. Thank you SO MUCH! for all of your assistance! Your help was greatly appreciated!

That sounds about right with GoDaddy.

I can definitely recommend this! They are generally more helpful than GoDaddy and I have never had an issue there.

No problem! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I like GSuite, I like Google in general. Although, I’ve had GoDaddy for more than a decade and this is the first time I’ve ever encountered this issue - I’m sure it’s user error somehow, but I would rather pay for GSuite than deal with actually fixing it…I know, pathetic isn’t it! LOL!

It doesn’t look to me like a config issue at Cloudflare, however GoDaddy will generally try to convince you it is! I find they try to pass the blame for everything to Cloudflare even if it’s something unrelated!