MX Records for Bluehost email support

Hello… I am trying to set up the correct values related to MX records. My domain and email provider is Bluehost. As an aside, we are using Kajabi to create and maintain the domain and have set up a CNAME record that seems to resolve fine.

The is I am getting these error and have yet to resole how to fix them:

1. An A, AAAA, CNAME, or MX record is pointed to your origin server exposing your origin IP address.
  2. An A, AAAA or CNAME record was not found pointing to the root domain. The melissakirk.com domain will not resolve.
  3. An MX record was not found for your root domain. An MX record is required for mail to reach @melissakirk.com addresses.

The main issue I am trying to solve is #3 above, but any input is appreciated.

It looks like Kajabi is hosted on their own servers, though your website looks like it’s Wordpress…probably hosted at Bluehost? Problem #2 is solved?

Currently, there’s an MX record that points to mail.example.com (but with your actual domain name). Problem #3 is solved?

mail.example.com points to an IP address at Bluehost. Probably the same IP address as your website. Warning #1 is normal when this happens. When your mail is hosted by your web server, you need to expose the IP address in order for it to work. This is only an issue because someone who wants to attack your server can bypass Cloudflare because they know your IP address. It’s not desirable, but there’s not much you can do in this situation.

Sdayman…. Yes, I think with the recent change I made to the MX record and well as turned off the pass through for the mail type A account things are working. Thanks for the quick response! Have a great day!