MX record and working

What is the name of the domain?

4happyu com

What is the issue you’re encountering

I use Wealthy Affiliate (WA) servers and email service, so I added an MX record that should cover the emails. However, I’ve noticed that this record has a triangle with and exclamation mark, which says “This record exposes the IP address used in the A record on ‘mail 4happyu com’, which you have proxied through Cloudflare.” Is that an issue? What should I do to solve the issue and be able to receive the email? Thank you very much!

What feature, service or problem is this related to?

DNS records

Also, when testing incoming emails, I got this message to the account I used to send a test email: “DNS Error: DNS type ‘mx’ lookup of 4happyu com responded with code NOERROR DNS type ‘aaaa’ lookup of _dc-mx 65f0ca172118 4happyu.com. responded with code SERVFAIL DNS type ‘a’ lookup of _dc-mx.65f0ca172118 4happyu com. responded with code SERVFAIL”. What should I do to solve the issue and be able to receive the email? Thank you very much!

The hostname your MX entry points to needs to be unproxied.

1 Like

Thank you, Sandro

1 Like

Should I unproxy the “domain.com”, “mail”, “webmail”, or “www” record? Thanks again.

The one your MX entry points to, presumably mail.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.