MX? I don't have that (but now I do?)

After getting an email I did a few checks and find that new stuff is happened (not sure if the following is related but it came in the mail from cloudflare:
Hi,

Cloudflare has observed issuance of the following certificate for springfield-ohio-post.com or one of its subdomains:

Log date: 2019-11-30 15:54:03 UTC
Issuer: CN=CloudFlare Inc ECC CA-2,O=CloudFlare, Inc.,L=San Francisco,ST=CA,C=US
Validity: 2019-10-29 00:00:00 UTC - 2020-10-09 12:00:00 UTC
DNS Names: sni.cloudflaressl.com, springfield-ohio-post.com, *.springfield-ohio-post.com

When I google cn=cloudflare it came back with an ip address of (china?) but showed dots indicating baltimore and new jersey. When I whois the ip address it comes back as cloudflare warning that cross-something is the reason that the user was banned.
But when I check other stuff i find this dismal return:

2 3

Should I be worried about anything?

Googling for “cn=cloudflare” is taking that text out of context. CN means “Common Name”. Not an abbreviation for China in this context.

No, there’s no MX record for that domain. I don’t know what that info bar is for, but it clearly doesn’t reflect your domain, as I doubt there are problem with your Web, SSL, WHOIS, and NS.

2 Likes

Thanks for the assurance.

2 Likes