MX DNS record not propagating

Hello!
I have been assured by my email provider hover dot com
that all of my DNS records are entered correctly but it has been 2 days and they said my MX record has not propagated and they insist it is Cloudflare that needs to deal with my ticket. I have tried deleted and reentering the record to ensure it was entered correctly. Hover does have the name servers pointed to Cloudflare. I’m not sure what to try next. I can send messages but cannot receive them. My website is abundancebound dot org. Grateful for any guidance.

That doesn’t appear to be a screenshot of Cloudflare’s DNS control panel. You will want to add those records to the DNS settings for the abundancebound.org domain in Cloudflare.

1 Like

Thank you for responding. I have done that…

They all appear to have propagated except for the MX record…

It appears the Mx record is for abundancebound.org.abundancebound.org. Normally Cloudflare catches that and simplifies it to root. Not sure why it didn’t here. Try deleting the record and using @ for the name.

dig abundancebound.org.abundancebound.org mx

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> abundancebound.org.abundancebound.org mx
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 28564
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;abundancebound.org.abundancebound.org. IN MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
abundancebound.org.abundancebound.org. 300 IN MX 10 mx.hover.com.cust.hostedemail.com.
1 Like

I cannot thank you enough!!! That worked! So grateful.

Have a wonderful day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.