MX DNS Record not found

I am trying to get my email server working again after switching to cloudflare. Ever since the switch, MXtoolbox reports that the MX DNS Record cannot be found. I have made a couple of changes to the name to point to cloudflare proxies and no proxy. Neither works. The domain is kyrlenelson.com, I have tried setting the name to @, the root domain, a proxied subdomain, and non-proxied subdomain. Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

It’s correct. There’s no such record found. Would you add using following the doc:

2 Likes

Most of that was already setup correctly. Here’s what I had to change to match that. TTL was set to 2 min instead of auto. There was no A record specifically for the mail server, but other records that go to the same public ip and a couple that route to the same Virtual machine that runs the mail server (it also has a couple websites), I added an A record specifically for the mail server.

Thank you for the direction. I just assumed copying the old records would work, but it seems cloudflare is slightly different and needs some extra config. I will let these changes update, check it again, and report back.

That solved the issues! Mail is being delivered now. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction! I guess a RTFM comment is in order lol.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.