Multiple Minecraft Servers on one IP?

I have two websites and I want each one to point to a specific Minecraft Server. Both servers are on the same IP address. But when I load the second server in Minecraft, it just connects me to the first server.

Here’s my current settings:

WebsiteA:
A – Name: websites(.)com; IPv4 address: 123.123.123.123; proxy status: DNS Only; TTL: 30min
SRV – Name: mc; Service: _minecraft; Protocol: TCP; TTL: 2 min; Priority: 0; Weight: 0; Port: 25565; Target: websites(.)com

WebsiteB:
A – Name: website(.)com; IPv4 Address: 123.123.123.123; proxy status: DNS Only; TTL: 30min
SRV --Name: mc; Service: _minecraft; Protocol: TCP; TTL: 2 min; Priority: 0; Weight: 0; Port: 22595; Target: website(.)com

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Sorry, I made a typo. websites(.)com should be website(.)com

May I ask if those hostnames (DNS records) are unproxied :grey: (DNS-only)? :thinking:
And as far as I can see, different ports as it should be.
The thing is, you’d be using two instances of Minecraft service, each of them running on separated port.
At least from what I do understand of a setup/configuration way.

Except, you’d have to use for example serverA and serverB as a hostname (DNS record name) instead of the same website.com for both :thinking:

Like, having website.com (naked domain) for one server, then play.website.com (sub-domain) for second one, both on same IP but with different ports and two instances running.

• or two websites/domains …

May I ask if you are using a Free or paid Pro plan with Spectrum?

They are DNS unproxied, yes. I am using two instances of Minecraft each on a separate port using Pterodactyl in Docker.

I would prefer not to have to use the same domain for both, I want specifically a different domain for each.

I am using a Free plan (not sure what you mean by spectrum?)

At the post from below of my colleague, is the thing about if you’re proxied :orange: then you’d have to use Cloudflare Spectrum, otherwise on Free the unproxied :grey: to make it work:

Regarding multiple servers on same domain/IP and over Cloudflare, I don’t know why it shouldn’t work and why do you get connected to the 1st, rather than to the 2nd server :thinking:

1 Like

I can confirm nothing is proxied on either website in Cloudflare.

1 Like

I’m going to see if I can get a second IP address assigned to my server, this way I can just use the same ports on the server with different IPs

1 Like

The good news is that Minecraft (since version 1.3. 1) now supports SRV records, eliminating the port woes for players. You can set up multiple Minecraft servers on 1 IP , running on different ports, and set up a SRV record to automatically direct a player to the right port.

If you cannot, or if it doesn’t make sens to place a second IP on that server, the important change was covered in the quoted excerpt that follows.

If you are using the same hostname for both server application instances, your client applications cannot know which instance to use.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.