Multiple cloudflare accounts (not multi-user accounts) [SOLVED]

Is anyone able to point me to documentation that either says yes, multiple accounts are allowed, or that no, multiple accounts are NOT allowed?

I have a bunch of sites, but prefer to keep them all completely independent of each other, so multiple domains/multi-user isn’t what I’m after, rather I want to do

domain1 : account 1
domain2 : account 2

so they are completely separate logins etc. I did see a topic, but the answer was ‘yes it’s allowed’ rather than pointing to somewhere that specifically says this (or the opposite), and I don’t want to break rules, and suddenly get blacklisted if I’m logging into different cloudflare accounts from the same IP etc.

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

For a definitive answer, read the Cloudflare Self-Serve Subscription Agreement or contact support.

The only applicable clause I recall limits automated creation of accounts using scripts.

1 Like

Reply from support gives a definitive ‘yes’ to multiple accounts being allowed. Their reply below, obviously this stands for the timestamp (sep 7, 2020). Thanks thedaveCA (and Ella ofc), and hopefully this will help save a ticket for anyone else - for the foreseeable future at least :slight_smile:

support quote:

ella (Cloudflare)
Sep 7, 2020, 9:20 AM PDT

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Cloudflare support.

The answer is yes. You can have multiple accounts, please ensure you use different email address for each domain.

Hope this helps.

Ella

1 Like

This doesn’t surprise me, as web developers may set up an account for each customer in order to share access with customers without giving up their main account.

2 Likes

Yeah, I do the same. I just can’t speak authoritatively whether something is or is not allowed.

I set up accounts and then grant myself access so I can assist when needed, and they can gracefully never talk to me again when the time comes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.