Much higher latency of 1.1.1.1 compared to 8.8.8.8 in Pakistan which wasnt when it launched


#1

Hi,
I started using 1.1.1.1 as DNS when you guys launched would get a latency of around 20ish ms compared to mid 40s ms of 8.8.8.8.

But since a while now I am getting over 100 latency due to which I had to stop using your DNS can you please try to fix it? I know many in my country who had to stop due to this issue. My country is Pakistan

I am attaching the tracert.


#2

I am attaching the traceroutes on ISP Transworld one of the 2 biggest ISPs in Pakistan. Same issue i clearly remember 1.1.1.1 having ping lower than 8.8.8.8 when i switched all my devices to it.

Tracing route to 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com [1.1.1.1]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms 5 ms 192.168.100.1
2 27 ms 23 ms 21 ms host-249-11-249.tes.com.pk [45.249.11.249]
3 23 ms 21 ms 21 ms tw209-static244.tw1.com [110.93.209.244]
4 23 ms 21 ms 22 ms tw255-static204.tw1.com [110.93.255.204]
5 100 ms 97 ms 98 ms 13335.sgw.equinix.com [27.111.228.132]
6 99 ms 103 ms 117 ms 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com [1.1.1.1]

Tracing route to 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com [1.0.0.1]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 94 ms 2 ms 2 ms 192.168.100.1
2 65 ms 22 ms 42 ms host-249-11-249.tes.com.pk [45.249.11.249]
3 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms tw209-static244.tw1.com [110.93.209.244]
4 23 ms 22 ms 21 ms tw255-static204.tw1.com [110.93.255.204]
5 102 ms 97 ms 103 ms 13335.sgw.equinix.com [27.111.228.132]
6 98 ms 98 ms 98 ms 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com [1.0.0.1]

Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 3 ms 1 ms 192.168.100.1
2 28 ms 106 ms 23 ms host-249-11-249.tes.com.pk [45.249.11.249]
3 28 ms 118 ms 21 ms tw209-static244.tw1.com [110.93.209.244]
4 130 ms 39 ms 26 ms tw255-static204.tw1.com [110.93.255.204]
5 36 ms 43 ms 111 ms 72.14.204.14
6 72 ms 36 ms 37 ms 108.170.240.49
7 36 ms 37 ms 44 ms 216.239.51.161
8 37 ms 35 ms 38 ms google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]


#3

ok so the latency got better for a couple of days and now is back to the one i have already attached the traceroutes previously.

This was the better one:

traceroute to 1.1.1.1 (1.1.1.1) from 100.96.9.252, 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
1 host-249-11-249.tes.com.pk (45.249.11.249) 26.949 ms 18.766 ms 19.092 ms
2 tw209-static244.tw1.com (110.93.209.244) 18.606 ms 18.464 ms 18.488 ms
3 tw255-static204.tw1.com (110.93.255.204) 18.908 ms 22.740 ms 19.057 ms
4 134.0.219.214 (134.0.219.214) 33.867 ms 34.107 ms 43.905 ms
5 134.0.217.6 (134.0.217.6) 40.075 ms 43.426 ms 35.509 ms
6 one.one.one.one (1.1.1.1) 35.843 ms 33.267 ms 39.661 ms