MP4 Won’t Load in Safari Using CloudFlare and Litespeed (OpenLiteSpeed)

This issue has been discussed before on these forums but I can’t resolve this issue for the life of me. Note that I have somewhat limited technical skills, so I apologize if I’m missing something obvious.

I’m getting the following error on mp4 videos served by my website when I proxy through Cloudflare. “The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.” I followed the steps mentioned in previous forms (modifying htaaccess, adding Cloudflare rules, etc). I assume the issue has to do with the lightspeed server, but I can’t figure out what’s incorrect.

(1) .htaaccess file:

rewriteEngine On RewriteRule . - [E=no-gzip:1] RewriteRule .* - [E=noabort:1] RewriteRule .* - [E=noconntimeout:1]

RewriteRule . - [E=no-gzip:1]
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI .(?:gif|jpe?g|png|mp4|ogv|webm)$ no-gzip dont-vary

(2) I left development mode enabled in Cloudflare to get around cache issues.
(3) I setup two page rules: ’ mydomaindotcom/ ’ Cache Level: Bypass and ’ mydomaindotcom/* ’ Cache Level: Bypass. (The quotes were included here so I could add the hyperlinks; they’re not included in the actual rules)

Obviously I’m bypassing cache entirely, but I figured I’ll play around with cache after I get the media playback error resolved. Can anyone please opine what I might be doing wrong?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.