Moving site from primary to add-on domain. Site not showing up since days. Anything to change at Cloudflare?

I have a Cloudflare-enabled website hosted at A2Hosting (registrar is Cloudflare). Everything was working great with the Cloudflare setup when it was a main domain. After using the domain as addon domain it isn’t showing up any longer since 7 days.

The IP address is teh same since both domains are/were on teh same VPS server.

My question is, will I need to change anything here at Cloudflare for it to continue working properly? For example, my DNS settings here.

I hope someone can help me otherwise I have to remove it from Cloudflare. I never have had any problem using addon domains in the past. This is my first test using a domain registered at Cloudflare.

Thanks,

Dirk

I’m not sure what you mean by “isn’t showing up any longer”. What’s the specific error?

Your DNS records here should match all the ones at your host. It’s possible the IP address changed.

It instantly redirects to
http://mydomain.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi
and it shows the following messages:

The IP address has changed.

“The IP address for this domain may have changed recently. Check your DNS settings to verify that the domain is set up correctly. It may take 8-24 hours for DNS changes to propagate. It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache.”

"There has been a server misconfiguration.
You must verify that your hosting provider has the correct IP address configured for your Apache settings and DNS records. A restart of Apache may be required for new settings to take effect. "

"The site may have moved to a different server.
The URL for this domain may have changed or the hosting provider may have moved the account to a different server. "

None of these 3 reasons are responsible for the problem on my end. That’s the reason why I ask you here.

Thanks,

Dirk

For now, use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview page. This will send requests directly to the server listed in DNS and should help with troubleshooting.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.