Moving domain from Kajabi (using Cloudflare) to my own Cloudflare, nameservers show changed but still showing Kajabi site

My domain ambsdr.com was pointing to Cloudflare nameservers provided by Kajabi, and I went through the process of setting the domain up in my own Cloudflare account, received different Cloudflare nameservers to set the domain to (cortney.ns.cloudflare.com and miles.ns.cloudflare.com) and pointed the domain to them. By all checkers I can find, the domain is propagating to those nameservers, but it’s still loading the Kajabi site, i.e. Cloudflare isn’t recognizing to use the DNS settings in the new account.

I worry about removing it as a custom domain from Kajabi causing issues. Is there any way to get the domain to more surely propagate to the new account’s DNS settings?

I should specify that per the settings in my Cloudflare, what should happen is www.ambsdr.com should go to a circle.so community it’s set as the custom domain for, and ambsdr.com should be redirecting to www.ambsdr.com.

You need to remove the custom domain from Kajabi to resolve the issue. SaaS domains take precedence, so the requests are not making it to your Cloudflare account (essentially)

1 Like

I’ve just done that now, and now it’s giving this:

" Error 1014

Ray ID: 71491f979d2da205 • 2022-06-01 15:53:39 UTC

CNAME Cross-User Banned

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website that is part of the Cloudflare network. The host is configured as a CNAME across accounts on Cloudflare, which is prohibited by security policy.

What can I do?

If you are interested in learning more about Cloudflare, please visit our website."

Are there any other steps needed to fix this or does it resolve itself as Kajabi’s system removes it from Cloudflare?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.