Moved Hosting Sites and now get 502 error when using Elementor for wordpress

I have cloud hosting sites with ionos and decided to build a new site. I used a new cloud server as i seemed to have problems with the old one. I went into Cloudflare and changed dns setting and then changes dns setting ionos for our website. Things went wonky but seemed to work themselves out, except for a couple of things.
First, when i try to modify my site with elementor i get a 502 bad gateway error from Cloudflare. I also do not have certain things show up on my site currently. I have diabled the plugin and even reinstalled it. Still the same problem.
Second, my old ip address still want to point to the website even though i detached the website in wordpress. Its been 24 hours and i do not know what to do.
Any help would be appreciated

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection? :thinking:

Did the new hosting had issued an valid SSL certificate for your (sub)domain?

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

Could you share the screenshot of this error? :thinking:

Regarding Cloudflare 502 error, may I ask which suggestions from below article for have you tried for further troubleshooting? :thinking:

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com . The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS.

Might be the “Rocket Loader” feature. Could you try to disable it and see if anything different? :thinking:

Navigate to the Cloudflare dashboard → Speed → Optimization → Scroll down to find section “Rocket Loader” and toggle it off (grey).

Kindly, see below article which is realted to the Rocket Loader from my suggestion:

Hi and thanks.

I tried all options recommended from both Cloudflare and elementor. I finally had to disable all plugins and turn them back on in different variation combinations as the error would go away but come back after I added an extra plugin.
As it turns out, my payment processing gateway was the problem. I had to delete it, use another processing plugin option, then redo the entire setup as it must have been trying to use a non ssl gateway(I think).
Either way it solved the problem and everything seems to work now.
Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.