I’ve just moved a domain over to Cloudflare which has a number of A records which point to virtual hosts on my home development server.
Some are working fine as they are, but some will only work if I change the Proxy status to DNS only. As these accounts are on my home server I really would like to hide the static IP address at my home for obvious reasons.
The website of the domain I have moved is hosted on another server which has cpanel/whm which is where I managed the dns zone. I have tried removing the A records from the WHM panel, but this appears to have not made any difference.
Odd that some work being proxied and some don’t. I’m so confused!
Thank you for your reply which set me off in a direction where I have resolved the issue.
On my home development I had some my sites secured with SSL via lets enrypt , and it was these which has a subdomain specific SSL cert being used which caused the issue. The flexible SSL encryption was also being used from Cloudflare.
After removing the SSL setup on my development server everything is working fine and all proxies are working.