Move website and domain from one Cloudflare account to another Cloudflare account

Hi. I have registered a domain with Cloudflare and it is setup on an account with Cloudflare. I need to move the domain and website to another Cloudflare account.

I know there is the help article Move a domain between Cloudflare accounts · Cloudflare Fundamentals docs

But this article assumes that the website is registered with a different registrar not Cloudflare. The help article is not helpful.

Can you please help? What are the exact steps because I don’t see any place to update the name servers for a domain registered with Cloudflare or any way to actually move the domain and website configuration to another Cloudflare account.

Thank you.

Hello there,

Please check the requirement section:

To transfer a domain from one Cloudflare account to another, you will need:
Access to your domain registrar.
At least one Cloudflare account associated with the domain.

The article you’ve pointed is correct. Please read it carefully.

Read the Transfer your domain section. All the steps are clearly mentioned there.

Check this thread too for further information on what happens when you make a move:

The domain registrar is Cloudflare. There is no option to change the name servers for the domain.

I guess, they need to update the doc! I’m not certain if that’s available in other editions like pro & enterprise. (as the image points to Upgrade to Business).

Yes, please tell them. I have lost a lot of confidence in them over this glaring problem.

I hope other CF members will be able to help doing the necessary.

If feels like it’s been forever since I alerted @kody, but that Doc should be updated to reflect that domains on Cloudflare Registrar can not be moved between accounts unless the registration is transferred to a third party.

4 Likes

Updated at Move a domain between Cloudflare accounts · Cloudflare Fundamentals docs.

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

It is hard to believe that this isn’t possible. Even your competitors like GoDaddy allow domains to be transferred to other GoDaddy accounts. :crying_cat_face:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.