Move Pro plan from old domain to new one

Hi, there are two domains in my account, I ask to transfer the Pro license to the Free domain because I am performing a migration and the old domain will no longer be needed.
Thank you

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

To transfer your Pro plan to a new domain, you’ll need to cancel the Pro subscription on your old domain first and then purchase the Pro plan for the new domain. Cloudflare does not currently offer a direct transfer of services between domains. Here’s a step-by-step guide:

1. Log in to your Cloudflare dashboard.
  2. Select the domain with the Pro plan.
  3. Go to the Billing section.
  4. Find your Pro plan subscription and cancel it.
  5. Now, select the new domain you want to have the Pro plan.
  6. Go to the Plans section and choose the Pro plan to subscribe to it.

Remember, you’ll need to set up the new domain with the desired settings after subscribing to the Pro plan.

The new domain has already been added and recognized in Cloudflare, currently as a Free plan.
The problem is that there is no indication that I will not have to pay after canceling the Pro plan of the old domain, in fact it is clear that there will be no refund, even less if there is a new domain.
This leaves me perplexed, I wouldn’t want to have to pay again, taking into consideration that I had just activated the Pro version for a year.
Thank you for your answer.

Subscription pricng is per domain and is paid in advance. You should expect to pay new fees when purchasing a new subscription for an additional domain. Any credits, if applicable, would be placed on your account later use.

If you have further billing questions, you can open a billing request from your Cloudflare account dashboard.

Hi, I followed your instructions but as I expected there is something that doesn’t add up.

I got the first warning when I removed the Pro plan from the old domain: here it tells me that the Pro functions will be active until the annual plan expires, i.e. November 2024!

The second problem is that if I try to activate the Pro plan on the new domain (currently Free) I am asked to pay the annual subscription again.

Am I doing something wrong or is the procedure incorrect?

Your expectations may be incorrect. As I indicated in my first reply, you will be charged for the new subscription for the other domain.

You really need to open a billing ticket from your Cloudflare account dashboard as I recommend in my second reply.

From my dashboard account is impossible to open a ticket. I can only:

• Chat with AI
  • Write in this forum
  • Compile a form to send a message without creating a ticket

Ok after a thousand vicissitudes I managed to create a ticket.
Thanks for the support.

1 Like

You can share the ticket number here if you need any additional assistance ensuring that it is reviewed.

Sure, ticket number #3100245

1 Like

Thanks, it seems my colleague from billing is working on this for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.