Move from Universal to Custom certificate without downtime

Hello,

I am using a partial DNS setup with proxied records and Universal edge certificates.

Now I am required to switch to an (already existing) custom wildcard certificate. That should replace all Universal certificates for the proxied records.

Is that possible without having a downtime?

All information I could find cover the opposite way (switching from custom to Universal certificate).

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

There should be no downtime here - just upload your new custom SSL certificate and new requests will start using the new certificate, based on certificate priority order - Certificate and hostname priority · Cloudflare SSL/TLS docs

You can keep your universal SSL certificate in place and that will be used while the new custom certificate completes it upload and deployment process.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much. I can confirm that now.

We first uploaded the custom certificate. Waited for it to become active. Then we disabled the universal certificates.
Because the custom certificate is a wildcard one and the universal certificates have been for a specific subdomains and would always have been precedence as described in your link.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.