Move Domain (Cloudflare Registrar) to another Cloudflare account

Hello,

It is possible to transfer/move domains to another Cloudflare account? I’m in the process of selling a website, I need to transfer to the new owner, and the idea is to create a new Cloudflare account and move the assets. The domains (registered with Cloudflare Registrar) and also de “zones” or “websites” with all the configurations, DNS, etc.

Regarding the domains, I saw this here:

Access to your domain registrar. If your domain is using Cloudflare Registrar, you will need to transfer your domain to another registrar.

Can anyone confirm that we will need to move the domains to another Registrar, like GoDaddy, etc?

And regarding the “zones” or “websites” does anyone have some information about the process?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, that’s the way to do it.

You’d essentially be starting over in the new account. Nothing from the old account will transfer, with the exception of manually exporting/importing DNS records.

Hi @sdayman, thanks for your quick reply!

Do you know if is possible to move the “zone” to another CF account without downtime?

I mean, can I keep the site up & running in the current CF account, export DNS, import in the new CF account, add the same configurations, Workers, Pages Rules, Cache, etc, and the switch?

Or will I have to “delete” the site, to be able to add it to the new CF account, and then import the DNS and configure the configurations? I can’t find specific information on this.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.