Move DNS Record from Cloudflare Account to New Cloudflare Account –> No Access to Existing Account

We lost access to the original email that manages or DNS with Cloudflare.

I have read the following article, but I am concerned/unclear if the existing DNS records will move to the new account. Obviously, since we don’t have access to the original account, we can’t make any changes to DNS. We can update the name servers with the registrar for the domain.

Can anyone one confirm if the DNS records will remain intact?

Thank you.

Moving domains between Cloudflare accounts – Cloudflare Help Center

Thank you for contacting Cloudflare Support. We’re sorry to hear you do not have access to your existing account and we are happy to point you in the right direction. If you cannot gain access to your Cloudflare account, you can always move the domains in your account to another Cloudflare account (see Support Article).

You will be able to activate the domain on a different/new account by changing the name servers at the registrar to the nameservers we will assign to the new account. We will be able to tell that you are the rightful owner of the domain and we will activate the domain on the new account. These are the steps:

Add the zone to an existing Cloudflare account or create a new Cloudflare account and add it there
Change the domain name servers to the ones we assign to the new setup
Once our systems recognizes that you have changed the name servers for the domain at the registrar to the ones assigned to the new account, the old setup will become inactive and the new one will be activated
Please note: Settings will not be copied from the old account.

Our goal is to ensure the security and privacy of all our customers, including yourself. We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding.

No. Cloudflare will attempt to “guess” the DNS entries you have in place, but will not look into the old account to pull all of the existing DNS entries (in this case it is essentially somebody else’s account). The “guessing” will not work for any DNS entries that are :orange:, or any DNS entries that are in any way unusual.

You will need to recreate all of the DNS entries before changing the nameservers. Services like securitytrails.com might be helpful in identifying the old DNS entries.

Michael,

Thank you for your quick reply.
Not what I wanted to hear, but at least I have an answer and can plan a way forward.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.