I started using CF yesterday.
On my semi-dedicated hosting I had PageSpeed Insights score 80-90 for mobile pages.
I use Newspaper theme with specific mobile theme.
Now I have PSI 50.
First Contentful Paint
Time to Interactive
Total Blocking Time
Largest Contentful Paint
Cumulative Layout Shift
In PSI test I see that mobile page is properly rendered.
I tried CF Mirage but it does not help.
On server side I use Litespeed cache that proved to be very good and it caches separate version for mobile requests.
I do use AMP pages but that is only for visitors coming from Google searches.
Not to mention that i get for desktop version in PSI test:
“Lighthouse returned error: FAILED_DOCUMENT_REQUEST. Lighthouse was unable to reliably load the page you requested. Make sure you are testing the correct URL and that the server is properly responding to all requests. (Details: net::ERR_TIMED_OUT)”
This is really bad. I don’t know when I got something like that.
I am not an IT expert but I did manage to get PSI on hosting for mobile pages around 90 and for desktop pages 90-97.
Thank you for suggestion.
No I don’t have it enabled since mobile version is not on other subdomain.
Litespeed cache has option “Cache Mobile” and it serves a separate cache copy for mobile visitors.
I turned off APO but site is still very slow. Both desktop and mobile pages.
Without CF my pages used to fly. Only reason I use CF if for protection since site was clicked bombed.
I turned-off APO and things looks better now in my browser at least but on https://pagespeed.web.dev/ I still get 50 for mobile page and for desktop page I get lower score.
For desktop page I even get
Oops! Something went wrong.
Lighthouse returned error: FAILED_DOCUMENT_REQUEST. Lighthouse was unable to reliably load the page you requested. Make sure you are testing the correct URL and that the server is properly responding to all requests. (Details: net::ERR_TIMED_OUT)
I have done hundreds of tests in last copule of months and never had problems like that.
It seems that Google ads are the problem for mobile page:
What I don’t understand is how it was not problem before I started using CF.
I have few optimization regarding ad loading.
For me this is disaster. I am aware that Pagespeed test is just lab test but I didn’t have problems with it before in this way.
It seems Rocket Loader options helps. Now PSI for mobile is also above 90
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.