Missing Index File

Hello,

Sorry, I am new to this. I find out that using the nameservers given to me by cloudflare makes the website empty. By empty I mean the index.php file is missing. Changing the nameservers back to the original nameservers supplied by the hosting company solves the issue. I really need to use cloudflare but technically it is a problem for me. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

What’s the domain?

Thank you for your response.

The domain below:
tradecluxfinanceoption.com

Cloudflare just shows whatever that server returns for the request. That domain was working with HTTPS before you added it to Cloudflare?

To really test it, set the DNS record for tradecluxfinanceoption.com to :grey: in the Cloudflare Dashboard, then wait 5 minutes to see if it works.

The domain was not working with HTTPS before I added it to cloudflare. There is not certificate for it. Testing your recommendation now.

That’s frequently a problem. You need to bug your host to add an SSL certificate for your domain.

Okay, I tried your recommendation and after 5 mins, I get the https privacy error.

Okay. But this has always worked for me until this time. There are other hosting services with the present host. They all seem to be working fine on cloudflare.

I tried that and going through Advanced to view the site gives me that empty directory. You really need to talk to your host about getting that site working with HTTPS before you add it to Cloudflare.

Okay I will do just that. Thank you so much for your help. I am grateful.

Cloudflare return’s {IP redacted} for the Domain, this is a Server from OVH - so you don’t use Cloudflare as Proxy - only DNS?
Seems to be an error at OVH?

HTTPS is not necessary to get Cloudflare working. Cloudflare can do that for you - but you must enable Proxy in the DNS settings

Yes I disabled it to run the test. Will enable that now.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.