Minecraft server not working using SRV

I’m trying to start a minecraft server and use this guide(How to successfully make Minecraft DNS working) to create a SRV-record but when I try to connect I get “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection timed out no further information” , I looked at the settings on my SRV-record and it removes my domain name under Name when I save and just saves the subdomain. Any recommendations? I can log in using my local IP but that’s it

Hi @ostron97,

Can you post a screenshot of the records you created?

You can also compare them to the screenshots in this tutorial:

Hi,
You may have forgotten to stop the product on the cname, if yes disable it, you cannot hide the IP behind proxy

Proxy not product sorry autocorrect

https://imgur.com/a/t7ElbD9 This is how i’ve set it up

Nope, cname is on DNS only

Okey whitelist the port in the firewall, sometimes it does get blocked by the firewall

I saw another interesting thing, you have ipv6 and ipv4 on your main domain, since Minecraft does not support ipv6 it may get confused set your sub domain to A record and place in your ipv4, that should fix it if the firewall didn’t work

If that fixes it I will update my guide because I am pretty sure this is the main reason

Shouldn’t it set it automatically since I just put in my domain as a target? Also, I got it to work when I portforwarded 25565 on my router but I don’t know if that is a kosher way of doing it.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.