Minecraft server and web hosting

Hi, I have a minecraft server running on a digitalocean vps. I would like to host my website on a different IP. Is it possible to have the website hosted somewhere else than the minecraft server while using the same domain without a subdomain?

If I’m understanding that correctly, you have a server that is hosting both a website and a minecraft server, and now you want to move the website to another server but have both the website and the minecraft server answer as the same IP?

If that’s the case, the only way I can think of is to edit the webserver config (or a landing page) to auto redirect requests for the website, to the new IP address.

However unless the minecraft server’s web server requests the website page data from the new server and then returns it to the client as if it was hosting it, a visitor to the website will see the website URL change to the actual IP of the new server.

Or introduce a load balancer in front of the server that can route different port requests to the different servers.

In short, it can be done, but an actual new server must be on an actual different IP address.

So what I want to do is have one domain (example.com) and have both Minecraft server and webserver on it but the web server has a different ip from that of the Minecraft server.

I’ve not bothered to use a load balancer this way, but here’s Amazon’s take on it:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/developerguide/load-balancer-types.html#alb

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.