Managed challenge due to Bot Fight Mode being enabled.
I have my community’s CDN behind Cloudflare. One of the items I serve via that CDN is a resource pack for our Minecraft server. Certain players have had issues with the resource pack not downloading/applying correctly, which appears to happen about 50% of the time. Upon further inspection of logs from their clients, it appears Cloudflare is issuing a JS challenge when the game requests the resource pack from the CDN.
In my opinion, Bot Fight Mode should not block clients with User-Agents like “Minecraft <Java/Bedrock>/” (i.e.
Minecraft Java/1.20.1) because these are legitimate requests made by game clients that cannot solve JS challenges.
Ideally I would like to not have to disable Bot Fight Mode for the entire domain just to allow clients to download the resource pack, but since I am currently on the free plan I am unable to allowlist specific subdomains or URIs.
HTTP 403 since Minecraft clients are unable to solve JS challenges
- Disabled Bot Fight Mode for the entire domain zone (since I am unable to exclude specific subdomains or URIs)
- Set up a CDN that serves a Minecraft resource pack
- Set up a Minecraft server
resource-pack=to point at the resource pack in
server.propertieson the Minecraft server
- Clients connecting to the server will display the message “Server resource pack couldn’t be applied”
- Checking the client logs, you will see the request being made and the JS challenge causing the error
(Uploaded as a combined screenshot since I am only allowed to attach one file to a post. Individual screenshots can be found here: