Minecraft bedrock DNS records

I have a Minecraft server that allows both bedrock and java players to join using geyser. I know how to configure the A and SRV record for java and the java side works but want to use a custom ip for bedrock as well, however it doesn’t work with the current setup Currently I have:

A record:
Name: smp
IPv4 address: my ip :shushing_face:
TTL: Auto

SRV record (For Java, this works):
Service: _minecraft
Protocol: TCP
Priority: 0
Weight: 0
Port: 25566 (port the server is on)
Target: smp.domain.com

SRV record (For Bedrock, this doesn't work):
Protocol: UDP
Weight: 0
Port: 192132 (port bedrock uses)

Any help is greatly appreciated! First post so let me know if I don’t do any of this right :joy:

Hi @H26,

You may be better off on a Minecraft related forum, as this is more a question about what the records should be, rather than how to achieve it at Cloudflare.

In principle, if that record is the one required, then you should just add it in the same way as the working one, as it seems you have. We have a tutorial on the Java one, but not for Bedrock.

This potentially seems to suggest that it’s not possible, but I don’t know enough about Bedrock to say for sure.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, one critical difference between Java and Bedrock is that Bedrock uses UDP instead of TCP, which I have changed in the SRV record. And I can control the port of the server using geyser.

I have achieved what I’m trying to do before with Namecheap’s DNS, so asked here as I have switched to cloudfare for obvious reasons, however couldn’t get it to work. My Namecheap configuration was as follows:

A record:
IPv4 address: my ip :shushing_face:
TTL: Automatic

SRV record (For Java):
Protocol: _tcp.smp
TTL: 30 min
Weight: 5
Port: 25566 (port the server is on)

SRV record (For Bedrock):
Protocol: _udp.smp
TTL: 30 min
Weight: 5
Port: 19132 (port bedrock uses)

So it was very similar with just different formatting (there isn’t a name field on Namecheap so you have to do .subdomain after the protocol), however the weight was different, following Namecheap’s guide (https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9765/2208/how-can-i-link-my-domain-name-to-a-minecraft-server/). I’m trying to find how to replicate this on Cloudfare successfully, but currently that isn’t working.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.