Migrated site from Godaddy to Hostgator. How do I reconfigure the new host nameservers?

I’ve recently migrated a wordpress site from Godaddy to Hostgator. Previously with Godaddy cloudflare autoconfigured all the DNS settings to do with the Godaddy hosting. I then change the nameservers on the domain to the ones provided by Cloudflare.

I’ve now migrated to a different host - Hostgator. I’ve changed the A Name which allowed me to set the site up on the new hosting. The SSL now works, but there was a peculiar redirection. Hostgator claimed I have to add the nameservers and IP details of hostgator into the cloudflare DNS settings.

Please could someone explain either: how I can retrigger the autoconfiguration which made is so easy to set up the first time around, or , explain exactly what I have to fill in regarding the new namesservers and IP details for hostgator.

Help much appreciated.

One way to do this would be to delete your old site from Cloudflare and just create a new site based on the Hostgator location. The new site wizard should automatically create the settings for you like before. Prior to doing so, it would be wise to backup your zone settings by going to the DNS section, Advanced, and then doing a zone file export. If you significantly customized other areas of Cloudflare settings, then changing the DNS settings manually might be the better choice.

You can set up Cloudflare either by adding Cloudflare’s nameservers to Hostgator (if they are your domain registrar) or by using Hostgator’s nameservers in Cloudflare. The former is simpler and gives you more flexibilty. See this link for more details on these 2 options:

https://wpengine.com/support/configure-hostgator-dns/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.