Microsoft Outlook

Excuse my grammar, I use a translator. I set up Cloudflare and everything works fine with the website, I have changed the DNS Records MX and TXT, but I am having trouble using a desktop email client like Microsoft outlookk or Sparc. Can someone help me to solve it?

I’m using the default configuration on my server, for example:

incoming:

> [email protected]

password

> mail.myweb.com

pop3:995

Out SMTP

> [email protected]

password

> mail.myweb.com

SMTP: 465

But it doesn’t work anymore to connect

Usually, the MX record should point to a hostname such as mail , and the A (or CNAME ) type record for that hostname should be set to :grey: (DNS Only).

I wonder if this hostname (DNS record) A mail is set to :grey: (DNS-only) at the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboarf for your zone? :thinking:

Otherwise, double-check if your MX record points to that unproxied mail hostname, or some different :thinking:

Nevertheless, check if you’re using mail.example.com for POP3/IMAP/SMTP.

May I suggest checking below article if your e-mail records (usually the A mail and the MX record) are configured properly while you are using Cloudflare for your domain name:

Furthermore, have you got the A autoconfig and/or A autodiscover DNS record too?

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your support, it really helped me. Greetings

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.