We implemented APO on a client’s website recently and were optimizing various elements over the past month, regularly checking if everything is fine via GTMetrix and Page Speed Insight. Everything seems to work ok in Chrome and Firefox, however, for some reason today we went on to test everything in Microsoft Edge and we got very, very mixed and bad results.
The page of the client is : https://eux.co/
We opened it on our laptop and everything seemed to work fine. We then tested it on mobile and all was great. Finally we tested it on desktop and got a blank page, or in some cases the page would load, but moving the mouse or letting the page sit idle for several seconds, would reload the entire page and load it improperly again. Why it does that is a mystery to us.
Images are not loaded, their src is set to some random gibberish svg element, and overall it would seem as if the website itself isn’t loading identically as it loads in chrome or firefox.
After trying to disable every single plugin on the wordpress site, the loading issues would not go away. It was noticed however that disabling ‘add missing height and width for images’ within WP Rocket, it would somewhat fix the loading of some images, but not all of them.
Nevertheless, we then tried to import a backup which we know worked 100% - the one before implementing APO within the Cloudflare account. And, yet again, the page wouldn’t load properly at all. Meanwhile it works normally on other browsers and on mobile.
I’d kindly ask of the community to take a look at the site via Microsoft Edge and figure out what is going wrong with it. The randomly generated svg’s give this error : Provisional headers are shown. Disable cache to see full headers.
Let me know if you need more info!