Messages are bouncing back

We are writing to inform you that the bounce-back message you have received is due to an incorrect SPF (Sender Policy Framework) record in your DNS zone.

Currently, your SPF record is set to:

v=spf1 include:spf.efwd.registrar-servers.com ~all

To resolve this issue, we recommend updating your SPF record to:

v=spf1 include:mfg.siteprotect.com ~all

I am new to cloudflare. How do I effect above. Can cloudflare employees on this forum help me since I am not a technical IT person?

Edit your DNS records in the dashboard here…
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns/records

There is a guide here…

2 Likes

Before asking, did you search first? Press :mag: at the upper right to search.

The bounce-back message you have received is still because of the SPF Record.

We checked and the wrong SPF is still resolving in the DNS Zone: v=spf1 include:spf.efwd.registrar-servers.com ~all.

You can see what DNS Records are resolving for your Domain Name here - DNS Checker - DNS Check Propagation Tool.

To resolve the issue you will need to contact your DNS provider (Cloudflare) and ask them for assistance in updating the SPF.

The correct information for it is:

Type: TXTSource: hlbjimroberts.comDestination: v=spf1 include:mfg.siteprotect.com ~all

I put the above SPF information but the mails are still bouncing back. I can receive emails from Gmail but i can not send anything to Gmail. Please help.

Kindly input the information for me. I enabled for you to be able to edit.

You haven’t updated your DNS record as you were directed to.

You have an existing SPF(TXT) record for the host hlbjimroberts.com:

v=spf1 include:spf.efwd.registrar-servers.com ~all

And you’re asked (per the message you posted) to change this to:

v=spf1 include:mfg.siteprotect.com ~all

… which you haven’t done.

Note that Cloudflare is a self-service platform, even at the highest plan level. So you’re not going to have a Cloudflare staff log in to your account and make any changes for you. You need to follow the link @sjr provided above and edit your DNS record yourself.

Please provide a screenshot of your Cloudflare DNS page showing what you did, as whatever you did has not reflected on your domain publicly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

v=spf1 ip4:172.67.207.10 include:priscilla.ns.cloudflare.com ~all

Is this part of my set up correct.?

my domain is. hlbjimroberts.com

No, that SPF record is a single Cloudflare IP address and a Cloudflare nameserver. It needs to give the IP addresses used to send email for your domain.

That’s not the SPF record currently set for your domain though…
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?f6f6d0392e56419a8600abc8907d928f#dns-mail
…so make sure you are in the correct account for your domain.

Talk to your mail provider about what MX, SPF and other records they suggest you use.

2 Likes

host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [142.250.102.26]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
550-5.7.26 Your email has been blocked because the sender is unauthenticated.
550-5.7.26 Gmail requires all senders to authenticate with either SPF or DKIM.
550-5.7.26
550-5.7.26 Authentication results:
550-5.7.26 DKIM = did not pass
550-5.7.26 SPF [hlbjimroberts.com] with ip: [64.26.60.168] = did not pass
550-5.7.26
550-5.7.26 For instructions on setting up authentication, go to

How can I resolve this problem?

That IP address appears to be from siteprotect.com.

To fix the current SPF authentication issue, you will need to change the SPF to:

v=spf1 include:mfg.siteprotect.com -all
1 Like

It seems to be working well now. Thank you all for your support.

1 Like

Google mail can send messages to my domain but I cannot send any messages to gmail. How can I resolve this problem?

my domain. is

It doesn’t look like you are using Cloudflare’s email routing service. It’s just the DNS service that’s in use.

You should reach out to your email provider to understand what might be causing this behavior.

1 Like

Your email provider already told you to change your SPF. And we’ve mentioned the same thing to you multiple times on this very page. But you still haven’t done that.

Your problem isn’t going to solve itself magically unless you do what your email service provider has told you to do (and which we’ve reminded you multiple times here already).

Go to your Cloudflare DNS page, and change your SPF(TXT) record for your domain hlbjimroberts.com to:

v=spf1 include:mfg.siteprotect.com -all

If you need help doing this, ask for help. But don’t ignore what you’ve been told to fix the problem… and expect the problem to fix itself magically.

1 Like