Merging two or deleting one SPF record for email

Hello,
I have two SPF records because of Zoho mail and mailpoet. I want mailpoet to be the only sender or combine the listing. I am scared to delete a record without out understanding if I am doing it right. But would I just delete the zoho txt records in cloudflare DNS?
thanks james
my site is www.hashtagcoffee.net

The picture is a little blurry, but it looks like both records have ~all at the end, so all you would need to do would be to add the include:zoho.com into the bigger record, then delete the small record.

thanks for the response. I think I might just delete the DNS for zoho mail. I am scared I am going to mess it up

You can combine all of them like this

v=spf1 include:zoho.com ip4:198.54.119.81 ip4:198.54.120.245 include:spf.web-hosting.com +a +mx +ip4:198.54.120.235 ~all

Basically you just include everything after v=spf1. Any service you just add in there. Example if you use gmail.com, then this will become

v=spf1 include:zoho.com  include:_spf.google.com other-rules-go-here  ~all

What it does is it allow those servers to send emails that have a FROM set to your domain.

Note that if the TXT get too long then you will see a single line in cloudflare but when you check with any website that returns TXT records, it will returns multiple lines. That’s normal. Nothing to worry about.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.