Member > Domain Scope > DNS Access not showing up?

Hi there

I’m very happy to see the new Members menu where I assume I can now let someone have access to DNS on a domain that is in my account.

I’ve added another email of mine as a test member and set the account for a specific domain and to have DNS access. However, when I accept the invite and sign in with that account, the domain and the domain’s DNS is not present anywhere in the menu. Lots of other things are, but not the domain I assigned.

I’ve also tried ticking all permissions boxes, but DNS still doesn’t show up in the account.

I’ve read the docs, but it doesn’t say there is anything else I need to do.

The relevant docs are:
Manage account members · Cloudflare Fundamentals docs
and
Account roles · Cloudflare Fundamentals docs

I have confirmed that all of the email addresses here are verified.

Regards
Rob

Ok I found a post through Google that had the same issue. The confusion is just the unintuitive way it works.

The new account that is getting access to a domain has to go through your main account to find it. The risk is that the person will try to add the domain to their account before they figure that out. I did that and so did the person in the other post.

I’m glad I took the time to test it on a secondary email of my own first. I can email instructions to the new user when I send them the invite.
Rob

1 Like

I’m looking for a way to mark this thread as answered.

In any case… this is now answered.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.