Media Temple changed my IP address and when updated in cloudflare proxy no longer works

Hi,
Media Temple migrated my site from their Grid-Service Lite to cPanel Deluxe. Along with that came a new IP address. I updated the A records in Cloudflare but now the site gives the error ‘ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS’ when the proxy/orange cloud is turned on. The DNS only works but then I lose the SSL security that I want.
I reached out to media temple but their 2-hr estimated response time is now at 2 days.
Thanks,
Aaron

If you don’t have SSL without Cloudflare, you don"t have any SSL security with the proxy enabled. You should fix that first.

2 Likes

Before this error showed up my site was secure with the proxy on. It is not secure when proxy is turned off.
Right now when I turn proxy on my site gives the redirect error.

Fix the SSL on your origin site and make sure that you are using Full (Strict) and your redirect problem should clear up.

If you don’t have a certificate on your origin site, all traffic between it and Cloudflare is at risk.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.
Aaron.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.