Meaning of error message

I transferred my DNS yesterday to Cloudflare. Now I am trying to test my website and i received the following message:

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in www.salsa.txblackdiamond.com. (no typo)

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Does anyone know what this means? Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,
Nina

You are missing the DNS record for www.salsa. #tutorials has the right article on how to add that.

That being said, if you plan to proxy that record over Cloudflare and on HTTPS, adding the record will only partially fix that as the default proxy certificates do not cover that hostname, but you’ll need the $10/month ACM certificate. That is if you want it on HTTPS, HTTP will work out of the box.

thanks, but that did not work. i am still getting the same message.

You still don’t have a DNS record for “www.salsa”

Can you please post a screenshot of your DNS records here? It’s ok to black out IP addresses.

here you go

From that screenshot it is evident that you are missing the record. Add it and it will resolve.

which record am i missing?
I tried to add the cname record and it told me it already exists (code 81053)
I am obviously doing something wrong.

Could you screen shot or type out what i should be doing?

Sorry for not understanding.

Thanks

I wrote that yesterday in my very first response. Did you read that?

Well, you appear to have added the record and it now loads fine. If you consider a 403 fine, but that’s something you need to discuss with your host, as that response comes straight from there.

should i have added an “A” record with www.salsa & the IP address
or should i have added a “CNAME” record with www.salsa & the IP address?

no one specified which record to add in the DNS.

Whatever is required. That’s something you need to clarify with your host. An A record pointing to the same IP address will probably be enough though.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.