Maverickmotherhood.co DNS issue

Hi Community,

My first post here, so please be gentle :slight_smile:

My website suddenly stopped working yesterday. Looks like DNS is not pointing to my webhost IP (despite the record being added in DNS Management for some time). When I spoke to my webhosting company (GoDaddy) they ran some checks and said I should re-add my entry in Cloudfare to see if this fixes it…which I’ve done.

Any idea if this will work? Still waiting for it to propagate (I think) and if I ping my domain currently I get this IP:

Pinging maverickmotherhood.co [172.67.171.100] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 172.67.171.100: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=56
Reply from 172.67.171.100: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=56
Reply from 172.67.171.100: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=56
Reply from 172.67.171.100: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=56

This should be 160.153.133.229, right?

If I’ve always had the A record for @ pointing to 160.153.133.229, why would it suddenly stop working with no changes made?

I’m confused so any help would be thoroughly appreciated. At the moment my website is down, I’m losing money and it’s all a bit frustrating.

Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email (mxtoolbox.com)

Looks like 172.67.171.100 is a cloudfare server of some sort?

Thanks in advance,

Wx

No worries. This is not an issue.

When you enable proxy :orange: for a record, automatically DNS lookup will return Cloudflare IP address so that your website traffic can be routed to Cloudflare.

If this is not what you intended to do, just switch from :orange: to :grey: (DNS only), but your traffic will be routed to your server directly instead of Cloudflare.

Hi Eric. Thanks for your reply. I want it to be routed via Cloudfare but at the moment it looks like Cloudfare -> GoDaddy (host) isn’t working as it was previously with no changes made. I’m a bit confused as to why suddenly that connection between Cloudfare and webhost has suddenly been lost despite the IP address never being changed and always been set as proxied.

Hope that makes sense.

Perhaps you can explain more about the issue. What error you get? Error 520? 521? 525? Or something else?

Thanks Eric. I’m not being presented with any error codes. Perhaps I’m being told incorrect information from GoDaddy support. Basically my wordpress website hosted there was working up until Friday and now I’m presented with a default homepage (the kind you get when a website doesn’t exist). You can see this by going to:

https://maverickmotherhood.co or http://160.153.133.229

This to me would suggest that the record in Cloudfare DNS Management is working? However, when I spoke to GD support they told me that I need to delete the A @ 160.153.133.229 record and re-add and wait for DNS to replicate. Not sure why I’d need to do this if it was there already but was told it was necessary as it is currently pointing to 172.67.171.100 instead of 160.153.133.229.

Nothing was modified recently and it all just stopped working on Friday. Have no idea why or where the issues lies currently. If anyone can help, I’d be so grateful.

Thanks,

Wx

It looks like you’ve had Cloudflare correctly setup since the beginning, if http://160.153.133.229/ is showing the same as your content as https://maverickmotherhood.co/, then the issue is with Godaddy

From what I can see is, they are the same.

thanks Soldier/Eric. It’s pretty much what I thought but they keep telling me to check with Cloudfare as they are managing DNS. Seem to be going around in circles. I’ll flip back to GoDaddy DNS servers for now so they can deal with it properly and look at coming back to CF at a later date.

Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Since you already change nameservers to Cloudflare, I don’t think GoDaddy DNS servers are related to the issue anymore.

Instead, look for website configuration to see is there any issues or not.

So I went back to Go Daddy DNS and revoked all my SSL certs along with removing HTTPS redirect as they are basically holding me to ransom to buy their SSL. I should still get to my whole site insecurely, right? Fee like I’m being taken for a ride here…

Yes if you don’t have SSL cert on GoDaddy.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.